| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

14 January, 2007

New Shanghai

We just took a short holiday to Shanghai two months ago with Clayton and our good friends, David and Tracy. Both David and Tracy had left for Ningbo to set up a business few months ago so meeting them in Shanghai was fantastic for us.

It was my first trip to China and it was infact an eye-opener for me. I have heard so much about the new Shanghai but seeing it is a totally new experience. Shanghai is modern, urban and fast-moving in the retail and F&B industry. The highlight of the entire trip was the cheap and professional tailoring in the tailors market.

I also noticed that there was a big community of China Expats in Shanghai and many of them were fluent in Mandarin. MyChinaStart is a comprehensive China directory that will come in handy for anyone who are planning to work or live in China. It is also an useful guide if you are visiting China on leisure.

No comments: