| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

26 June, 2006

20 months

Oh well, this was supposed to be posted on 16 Oct.. but you know, blogger takes a long time to load these days so I put my notes in Text Edit... anyhow....

Today Clayton turns 20 months.


It's amazing how fast he changes. 2 months ago, I was stressed over his poor eating patterns and today, his favourite is steamed vege (asparagus, broccoli, peas, carrot...) Somehow, he likes greeny stuff - how blessed I am!

I'm really glad that I could feel the little rough edges coming from his upper molar.. finally. The 3 cranky weeks were almost unbearable... thank God for giving me the strength.

One day at a time, the song says.. and looking back, I can't remember those tough and sleepless nites. I could only know he's a real fun and adorable boy. His cheerful countenance is so uplifting.

Lately, I felt guilty spending so much time in front of my iBook... leaving him to doodle his fish and car. Sometimes, all he wants is mama to draw with him and bond with him.

Children are so innocent. They don't pretend, they don't have to. Clayton expresses his frustrations these days when he doesn't get his way - I'm beginning to witness his strong will nature - it must be from me.

It's comforting to get kisses and hugs from him every night.. his gentle sweet 'na-na' just melts me away.

Since last week, he would crawl to the bed and expects papa to pat him to sleep... esp when mama pretends to be asleep.

In no time, he'll be speaking his first Mandarin words - he started Mandarin reading class with Bao Bei last Monday...

His favourite word this week is 'bi-cy-ku'... and 'car-car' is an old favourite.

I never know having a little one can bring so much joy to me, despite those tired days and disturbed nites, I wouldn't trade him for anything this earth offer.

Thank you Lord... for Your Amazing Grace.

No comments: