| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

17 November, 2006

Travelling with a 2 year old


I have been consuming lots of Margaret River Chocolates since i got back. I mean, they are delicious!

I grabbed a pack of Mondo nougat before boarding the plane. And my, I regretted not popping by the factory while we were in Swan Valley. I mean, those soft nougats are just yummy!!

I find myself missing Perth and its surrounds. Most of all, I miss having fun at the playground with Clayton. I miss the excitement on his face when he sees those swings and slides. Then I miss him saying 'sapu' and park.

I met someone in the plane and she commended me on my courage to bring Clayton for our family holiday. Infact, it never occurred to me that it was going to be that tough travelling with a 2 yr old.

Well, it's different. It's challenging. It's frustrating occasionally. It's stressful. But I still would do it.

The exposure Clayton got out of it (I believe) is more than all these negative emotions. I'm swept by those smiles, curiosity and for me, I feel like a child again. I find myself looking at things through the eyes of a child.

Then I find myself learning again, from this 2 year old.

That, I find rewarding, despite coping with those screams in the plane and car seat.

Well, looking back... I forgot how bad it was.

No comments: