| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

26 December, 2006

A Singapore Trip Report 1













It was a good trip home even though it was just 3 days.

People seem to marvel at my courage to travel alone with a toddler. Well, what they don't know is that I do get a little nervous at times. Was it easy? No, it wasn't :) But will I do it again? Oh yes, I will.

I started taking Clayton on a trip singlehandedly when he was 3 months old. It was scary. I didn't know what to expect then. It was stressful. But I did it and it didn't stop there! Baby Bjorn was a great travelling companion.

Travelling with Clayton in a coach to Singapore had always been a breeze in his first year. It got tougher when he was 18mths, when he 'discovered' his legs. He wouldn't sit still and would attempt to get down the seat. I could recall those stressful moments of constant struggle with him and I didn't enjoy it.

However, this trip was a breezy one. He was a fantastic passenger. Other than hopping from my seat to his, getting busy with the seat buckle, he would just meddle with the mini TV in front of him and occasionally tried to slide down the seat. But I had no complaints.

Infact, we had alot of fun watching our fun videos via the digital camera, singing, reading, taking photos, pointing to the sights along the way. The most enjoyable moment for me was his nap time.

This was a great trip. I like the Christmas theme in Singapore this year, more reports in the next few postings. I had some sinful indulgence. Finally got my Bzero1 ring and splurged on a Loewe bag - oops!

Clayton had a lovely time catching up with his godpa and my mum; I got to chill out at Le Salon for my long awaited haircut while Clayton enjoyed his playtime at Garage @ventures - what a find! Life would be easier previously if I know about this 'shop and drop' place for mums like me who need to run errands!

Clayton has finally learnt how to utter 'godpa' and that must be sweet to the ears.

I only wish I can spend the entire Christmas in Singapore with close ones next year.

No comments: