| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

26 January, 2007

Drifting back a little...

Allow me to drift a little... 3 years ago, I was making plans for Europe travel for the first time. Then one day, I had an uneasy feeling. I visited the pharmacy and bought a pregnancy test kit and guess what, I discovered I was pregnant! Was I jumping for joy? No. I was anxious, nervous and scared.

Lots of thoughts started to run through my head. I had to confess that I was concerned about how I would look and become in my pregnancy state. It was a selfish and vain thought but I didn't know what else to think. Suddenly I was confused. It took me a few days to 'digest' this discovery and likewise for my husband. It was a moment of excitement, and a moment of uncertainty.

We observed our friends with children, we saw how parenting changed their lives and focus. And we were least prepared to go through these lifetime changes and new discoveries in parenting at that point of time.

Little by little, as we dedicated our minds and thoughts to look forward to this new addition, everything became better and our outlook towards parenting turned brighter.

We began to realise that it was a God given blessing and we should embrace and celebrate it. There were many couples whom we knew who were unsuccessful in their conception efforts for years. With modern science and medical advancement, there are medical help such as IVF (In vitro fertilization) and PGD (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis). Infact, IVF is an increasingly popular infertility treatment. And infertility should not be embarrassing.

There is a comprehensive site that provides detailed explanation on these programs. More information and other fertility treatment programs can also be found on the website.

1 comment:

MY Chan said...

hi!

being a parent changes everything, huh? nice blog. i was running thru my shelves and discovered a box of dvds belonging to choong fr many years ago! I am so sorry...any chance of returning them to you guys this sunday?
lemme know. tx!