| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

07 January, 2007

Sick child worries mum

How many of you know that a mother is most distressed when her child is sick? My 2 yr old was down with fever last 2 days and I was worried sick. He woke up crying a few times the last few nights and when I held that warm body, I was frightened.

Lots of thoughts were racing through my mind. I wasn't sure if I should take him to the paed and again, I should just monitor his condition. See, I'm one person who don't quite like to dose in drugs or medicine, especially so for a little child. I'm thankful for doctors and will seek help is I need one but I don't go running to one 'right away' when I catch a cold or flu bug.

I prayed and prayed and at one point, I was in tears when I held him to sleep. It must be a terrible time for him because mommy is weaning him too.

He woke this morning with a normal temperature but the cough is still bothering him. I'm just so thankful he's on the road to recovery.

No comments: