| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

15 February, 2007

Lunar New Year

In 3 days' time, we will be celebrating the Lunar New Year. It's a big thing here in Asia among the Chinese. It's a time of family reunion and celebration. Family members will make it a point to come together for a reunion dinner on the Lunar New Year's eve. This tradition has a long history of its own and the Chinese has regarded this occasion with great honour and respect.

For me, it's a busy time and a hectic travelling schedule - travelling to Ipoh, my husband's hometown and then to Singapore, my hometown. I used to enjoy the Lunar New Year alot more when I was a kid, when I qualify for red packets. As I grow older into adulthood, the excitement is not the same anymore. Now that I'm married, it's a tradition to distribute red packets to those who are not married.

Well, with the festive season coming, I won't be blogging like now... I don't think I'll have any internet connection in my in-laws' and it's too troublesome to bring my MacBook along.

It's probably a good time to take a well-deserving break too!

No comments: