| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

24 April, 2007

2nd day of a long break



It's only the 2nd day of Clayton's nursery closure and we are already stressed from screaming our heads out, trying to get our active boy to keep our home office tidy, and stopping him from messing with our laptops.

I can see that he is so bored and at times, he'll be reading by himself and other times, he'll insist that I sit down and draw with him. The above photo is the evidence of the 'fun' he's been having!

I'm trying to keep my cool and be as patient as a mother should be but believe me, it's challenging when I have a list of things to do! DH and myself have decided to do up the extra bedroom so that he can have a space of his own.

Till then, I won't be blog walking that much til Clayton returns to his nursery classes...

6 comments:

Dilip Mutum said...

I fully understand what you are going through. Went through the same period myself during the easter holidays here.

Anonymous said...

My house are 24 hours in that situation. Really tired to clear it and then mess again..
so I will just no eyes see lor..:p

WAHM said...

adam: How did you cope with that? Any tips?

syh: 24 hours? Oh dear... I would be screaming my heads off. I've tried to close one eye these days.. too much disciplining is tiring me out.

Anonymous said...

Wow looks like you have your hands full!

WAHM said...

Sarakastic - You bet!!

Anonymous said...

Same here! But I managed to set some rules...
I'll spend 2hrs playing with her and give her all the attention she needed. Then after that I'll sit besides her with my labtop, doing my work and once awhile praised her for giving me some quiet moments.
I used to scream alot at her, but now I realised that by ignoring her and not giving her any attention, she'll cool off and come say sorry to me. She knows after that I'll give her a hug. It works most of the time, unless she's very tired and has no control of her temper. :-)