| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

03 April, 2007

Dangers of mold in the house

You may not know this but mold in your household can cause respiratory problems such as asthma, rhinitis, sinusitis and more chronic problems affecting your lungs and health. The truth is mold (fungi) is everywhere in our surrounding and living environs. And do you know that there are more than 100,000 species of mold.

This problem is often overlooked as you can't visibly see mold as it frequently grows in hidden places – behind wall linings, in floors or behind installations, leaky pipes or roofs. High humidity, or flooding conditions are ideal for mold growth.

One of the ways to prevent potential harm on your health is to engage a professional mold company to conduct certain mold inspection and black mold testing in your house. I read about a New Jersey Mold company that uses a trained mold dog to locate and detect mold. I only wish this advanced detection can be used in this part of the world where humidity is high and flooding conditions, very uncommon.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

We have black mold where I live as well. I ended up getting sick and needed to start using a nasal wash, SaltAire Sinus, to wash out my sinuses and keep healthy. It’s worked wonders, but it’s ridiculous how damaging mold can be on your health!