| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

29 April, 2008

asia needs to learn

My blogging buddy was telling me about her neighbour who was banging his head against the wall to lessen his pain from drug withdrawal. Apparently, drug addicts have the tendency to afflict pain upon themselves if they can't get their fix. Unlike US, drug treatment centers are few in Asia and they are usually not viewed in a positive light by members of the society. After taking a look at the websites of some of the rehabs in the US, I must say that they are impressive. The environment is conducive and promotes a sense of well being and calmness for the patients. Some of the centers are built like a luxury resort with recreational activities and wellness treatments. Perhaps, Asia needs to be more open and learn from the folks in the west.

No comments: