| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

01 August, 2006

Tough Love

There are so much we can learn from a child.

I have decided to wean Clayton from night feeds and this task is daunting.

We both ended up with few hours of sleep for the past 2 nights and I almost freaked out at 4am on Sunday morning. I felt terrible and sad after witnessing a traumatic Clayton wailing away.

It was tough love... it wasn't nice at all.

These few days have been tiring and I sometimes wish I get some support to take me through. Somehow, there is a supernatural source of strength to lead me on. And seeing my little boy and his sweet smiles has helped to make that extra sacrifice.

I don't know if it's normal to have feel 'resentful' at times. Resentful because my time is no longer 'mine'. I need to share it with one who needs me more. Someone who is at this point helpless.

Then my focus returns. It's what they call 'unconditional' love. Even if it means having less time for yourself but ultimately, I find myself gaining more. More when I see that happy smile, that squeeze of the little hand in mine... and that cheeky giggle that's pure and comforting.

No comments: