| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

26 December, 2006

A Christmas that reaches out

This year, Singapore has a fabulous theme for its Christmas celebration - Christmas Nativity Village. The streets of Orchard Road from Wisma Atria to Takashimaya is lined with the props of Jesus and the manger scene, very much like what you see in christmas performances in churches.

I was strolling along the jam-packed streets and I almost mistaken the 'real' characters as those artistic props. It was an interesting concept, mixing the 'real' with the props.

I noticed several mission-related booths that focused on educating the public on 'reaching out' this Christmas season, a good contrast from the usual retail booths which focused on selling gifts. It's good to remind shoppers that we should think about those less fortunate this festive season. After all, Christmas is about sharing and giving, not just the receiving of gifts.

No comments: