| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

08 December, 2006

Organic Bread - Made of Passion

I promise to post this in my blog.

I've been an organic food follower for the past few years. It all started when I did my first 7 day detox in 2002. I'm really thankful to live around a few organic shops and this makes eating organic alot easier and more convenient.

Many friends often jeered at me with the nickname of being an organic freak. But I honestly don't care. What matters to me most is what I put into my mouth and since I became a mum, into my son's mouth.

What you DON'T get from buying organic:
1) Synthetic pesticides and chemical toxins
2) Artificial preservatives (flavourings, colourings)
3) Genetically modified ingredients
4) Artificial food made in the lab (without real food ingredients)
5) Irradiation

Last Sunday, I was shopping in Bangsar Village and as I passed by Country Farms Organics, I noticed a white bearded man arranging some bread. I walked closer and recognised that he's none other than the passionate baker, Mr Mustaffa, with his wife, Mardia!

I have been consuming bread by Mustaffa and Mardia so was so thrilled to meet the baker in person. You may be thinking what's the big deal about the bread. Do you know that this couple grind organic wheat for each baking day just prior to mixing the dough?

That means you get alot more out of the bread (enzymes and nutrients, including vitamins and minerals naturally present in whole wheat grain). Their mill uses natural stone which means the wheat does not get hot and nutrients are retained, unlike high speed industrial mills.

No wonder it's called Bread 'Made of Passion!'

No comments: