| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

11 January, 2007

60 Mandarin characters!

I took Clayton to his Mandarin class this morning on foot as daddy was outstationed. We had a nice stroll and he would ask me to 'bao bao' ('carry him' in Mandarin).

I also had the opportunity to find out his progress when having a chat with his teacher. To my amazement, I was told that he could recognize about 60 Mandarin characters now! That was impressive. My husband will be embarassed to tell you that he can't read more than 5!

That's the potential of little minds. They absorb like a sponge - good and bad - they are inquisitive and they learn so fast. That is why it's always important how we speak or conduct ourselves infront of our little ones. In Singlish, they can 'monkey see, monkey do'.

No comments: