| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

23 January, 2007

Do you comment?

I read an interesting article this morning about how some bloggers turn off their comments box feature. Lately, I have been receiving some spammed comments coming through my home office women blog. It's irritating to receive comments from 'no commenter'. This means, it's spammed with a long link with no true human commenting on your blog.

Lee at Blogaboutyourblog said this, "But it is important to the life of your blog to keep that connection with your readers. If I see a blog and I can’t comment on it I feel cheated. Like the transaction didn’t complete itself."

I agree with Lee that moderation is important in blogs but basically a comment is a great way to 'appreciate' the author. By saying this, it's not to say anything if you truly have nothing to say. But if you do, in all kindness and sincerity, do it. Kind words spoken can do wonders!

No comments: