| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

03 January, 2007

Goodbye to nursing

This is Clayton's second night of sleep without being nursed. I've decided to wean him on the onset of 2007 and things are looking good.

As much as I want to end this nursing journey, I do feel a little 'sad' on the emotional end. No one except the both of us know how 'special' those moments were. Yet, this weaning process would be a milestone for him.

He's been taking it well except for some crying when he woke up middle of his sleep - it was equally tough for me - physically and emotionally.

But I know we'll move into a new level of bonding even as we say 'goodbye' to this wonderful nursing journey we have shared in the last 26 months. I'm treasuring the last few special moments...

2 comments:

Mrs P Chong said...

Oh my! brilliant! I am so glad to hear that there is an oriental lady out there who has breastfed for so long! Good on you! Although I am a fulltime worker and a mum - I am in the hunt for working at home perhaps or getting something going outside of work and roping in my man to help! So reading your blog has really helped me

WAHM said...

Thanks! I tried leaving a comment in your blog but I found out that your blog is only for invited readers :( Anyhow, thanks for your kind words and do keep in touch. Do visit my www.homeofficewomen.com