| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

09 February, 2007

Vacation accommodation



My friend, Tracy had booked her ticket to South Africa for her vacation in May. I can sense that she is all excited about visiting Cape Town and most of all, meeting up with her good friends who are residing there. While South Africa is one of the places I would love to visit, my heart is still for Hawaii and its lovely beaches.

It many sound cliche to say I love to stroll along Waikiki beach and sip margaritas under the swaying coconut trees while enjoying the lovely, golden sunset. But this is exactly what I'm looking forward to do! I captured the most beautiful sunset photo more than 10 years ago when I first trod upon this beautiful island and I couldn't erase out of my memory.

With online hotel bookings these days, searching for a nice accommodation near Waikiki beach is going to be a cup of tea. Actually, I prefer vacation rentals more ever since becoming a parent myself. There is more space for Clayton and I like the home-away-from-home feeling. We did that during our 28 days of travel in New Zealand and never regretted since.

I enjoy the fun of selecting accommodations. In New Zealand, the bed and breakfast industry is huge and most of the properties are well-maintained with friendly hosts. This is a great way to meet the locals.

And again, if I can get a nice holiday apartment overlooking the idyllic beach, that would be most ideal! I just have to make sure it fits well into our budget.

I have checked out Hotel Reservations and it looks like a great site for bookings of hotels, motels, resorts or vacation rentals. There is a wide selection of accommodations to choose from, no matter where you are travelling to. To pick something you like and appropriate, you need to identify the features you prefer and consider your travelling budget. And I do believe Hotel Reservations rates would be competitive to some other online sites too.

I am putting a bookmark on this online booking website for our next family vacation. And it's happening soon. How exciting!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Nature is the best healer, so when you are tired or drained from running the mad race or chasing the American dream, the best idea is to choose a peaceful place for Florida Keys Vacation Rentals.

Houseboat vacations are best enjoyed with the family. Vacationing is simply the best way to relax and get together in a paradise such as the Florida Keys. You can take charge of your own houseboat and travel around the gorgeous islands There are beautiful resorts facing the sea to add more beauty and thrill to your trip
http://www.thinkrentals.com/