| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

24 June, 2007

Hawaii's Big Island

Moving on to the other islands of beautiful Hawaii, I'm on my research on Hawaii's Big Island. Like the name suggests, this is truly the biggest island in Hawaii, bigger than all the other islands combined.

So what can I do in Big Island, I wonder. Besides checking on some of the big island hawaii luxury homes, I know that it is famous for the active Kilauea volcano. So this means that a visit to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is a must, I suppose. Maybe play snow at Mauna Kea, the world’s tallest mountain (measured from the ocean floor), take a hike through Waipio Valley, the “Valley of the Kings” or enjoy some entertainment, experience the culture and yummy cuisine in Hilo.

Staying a night in Hawaii's big island vacation homes is pure indulgence. Most of them have ocean views and the beach is just a stone's throw away. I cannot imagine staying in one of these $1,000 a night home - will DH say yes? The thing is most of these homes are big enough to accommodate 4 people and more so it is definitely more effective for us to get a condo or hotel.

Browsing through the accommodation listings in Hawaiian Beach Rentals, it is hard to pick the best because every one seems to look so appealing, enticing and beautiful. Looks like I need to spend more time searching for an ideal place this time.

No comments: