| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

19 June, 2007

I am a survivor!

I ask myself these questions: What would I do if I were stranded in an unknown city with no money or resources? How would I eat? Where would I sleep? What about the weather? So here is what I would do...

See, I began my first vacation job when I was twelve. I knocked door to door selling Christmas cards and was happy to earn $10 a day... that was 1982!! So it's no brainer to get out there to find a job. My design and marketing skills, plus my communication abilities should get me somewhere. Moreover, knowing how to converse in Mandarin would be an added advantage. So it's easy. Once I get a job, I can then eat. Or else, I can find myself a restaurant job so that food will be provided. After all, I managed a restaurant for two good years in 2001.

Sleeping may be a little problematic but wait! I can get to know some friends and rent a place, tell them my sad story and let them know I'll pay once I get my first check. It's about being humble and learning the power of asking. And I don't think weather is a concern. I am adaptable and I should adjust in no time.

So what do you think? Am I a survivor? You bet!

Put June 28th on your calendar. USA Network's Burn Notice is a new TV series telling the story of CIA Operative, Michael Weston and he will show you how he deals with his situation. To know more about his survivor story, find out more at http://www.usanetwork.com/series/burnnotice

No comments: