| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

25 June, 2007

missing Waikiki

My first trip to Waikiki was dated 1995.... yea, I know... that was a long way back. Since that trip, I have been longing to be back to Oahu again. I was told that Waikiki has become crowded and almost too commercialized but honestly, it doesn't bother me. Coming from Singapore where land is scarce, I don't think it should be that bad. Moreover, if I enjoy Hong Kong, Waikiki should n't be as crowded, I believe.

While I only visited Waikiki, there are much more to do in Oahu. This time, I should make time to visit Honolulu and maybe the Windward Coast. I'm geared up to do some shopping so it looks like our accommodation should be centered around Waikiki beach even though hawaii oahu vacation rental offers immense options for any traveler.

I am gathering some ideas from Hawaii Travel blogs and it seems that Oahu will be a good base for us. We would prefer to be near shopping, adventures and attractions. Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center are the two places I have included in our itinerary.

I haven't got near to choosing our accommodation in Oahu. I know this is going to take time cos there are just so many nice and lovely properties. Anyone has a recommendation?

No comments: