| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

15 June, 2007

mom's personal collection

I'm in Singapore for a business trip and visiting my mom. This time, I have internet connection and I'm really glad. It is nice to see my mom though she loves nagging and reminding me with a list of things. This time, I notice that she has a new gold pendant on her necklace. It looks like she's been shopping for gold again. Mom is one person who adores gold more than silver. To her, investing in gold is more than just storing assets but it represents prestige and wealth. And for her folk, gold is also a symbol of good fortune. I told her that investing in gold ingots is popular these days and these investments can value more than cash due to the high inflation rates. She is surprised to know that gold can be purchased online via Monex Deposit Company and can even be arranged to be delivered to her. In her time, she needs to buy personally from the bank and there is no such thing as personal delivery.

I coaxed her to show me some of her gold coins and wow, the embossed prints on her coins were so creatively done. I know they are sure to worth a lot more compared to what she paid for in those days. That is the value of gold.

No comments: