| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

05 June, 2007

where to place savings

My mother always reminds me the importance of saving for rainy days and emergency use since I was little. Being raised in a family with no luxury, she is thrifty and frugal with her personal finances. As a result of her teaching, I make it a point to put aside some money in my savings account. But lately, I was discussing with dh about what would be the better way to keep my savings as most local banks had low yields. Fixed deposits seemed to be the suggestion by most people but where. So this piece of information came very timely as I compared the list of interest rates available at eMoneyCentral.com. It provided good resources on high rate savings and CD accounts, with further information on bank accounts and current yields available.

No comments: