| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

16 July, 2007

keep a spreadsheet of your earnings

Being a designer, I confess that I'm not a fan of numbers and figures so when my blogging buddy, shoppingmum asks me to keep a spreadsheet of my monthly earnings, I give all sorts of excuses. I know it is necessary to stay organized and maintained a system for myself but somehow, it seems too time consuming for me and the truth is, I am too lazy to give it a try :)

Well, after much careful consideration, I decide to take her advice, since keeping a spreadsheet is nothing near to downloading any financial consolidation software. And to my surprise, a decision like this eases my mental stress and opens up my mind in my current performance in paid blogging. This slow month in PPP is presenting some stress but the simple spreadsheet eases that. This is because I, like shoppingmum, realize that I am doing reasonably well with other blogging networks that they are contributing to my monthly target. The figures on the spreadsheet surprises me. From the look of it, I am not going to worry too much about the slowness at PPP but directing my focus on other blogging networks.

As the saying goes, "Never put all your eggs into one basket". Don't you agree?

1 comment:

shoppingmum said...

Way to go girl!