| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

25 August, 2007

THOOF - oh, what is that?

A new social media and personalized news site had been launched, I was told. When I went finding out what it was, my friend scribbled on a piece of paper - THOOF.COM. I looked at her and thought she might have made a mistake - what was she talking about>

Oh well, I went looking this morning. So she was right about how it was spelt - Thoof.com. But I wonder, why this name - why not something else? Looking at the logo design of Thoof, the 2 'O's remind me of the 'O's in GOOGLE. They are graphical representation of our human eyes. And that's what Thoof is about anyway - it searches for news, list them for your read and save you time from googling. 'Th' can be the short form to 'That', 'This', 'They, 'Them'... it's about 'Anything' - people, events, things, happenings, buzz... etc. 'F' - oh well, I don't mean to be rude but some people may think it means the big 'F' swearing word. But maybe, it's just there to make the term sounds good. Thoof is better than 'THOO', right?

But let's not worry about what it means... what's cool is the kind of information you can get at this social media site and from here, you can be kept up to date with what's going on in and around the web. So, what do you think 'THOOF" mean :)

No comments: