| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

22 August, 2007

travel from vienna to berlin

My good friend, Tracy, just told yesterday that she might be making a trip to Germany again this November - lucky her! I've never to Germany and would definitely like to make a trip someday.. I'm a travel freak :) I have heard about the high cost of living in Europe so I better be making enough money to make my vacation an enjoyable one.

There are many flights to Berlin and if you are in Vienna, Lufthansa takes you there from 168euros depending on season and flight schedule. There are other cheaper alternatives with low cost airlines such as Air Berlin, Germanwings and Sky Europe which requires some necessary transfers via the SkyShuttle bus. It all depends on your budget. Cheaper air travels may save you some money for better hotels in Vienna or hotels in Berlin. In Berlin, a budget hotel may only cost 10 euros with 5 star hotels starting at 100+ euros. Be expected to pay more for hotels in Berlin in better location, amenities and features.



Hotels in Vienna are cheaper compared to the ones in Berlin with hotel rates ranging from 39 euros to 300 + euros. It still voice down to your budget and preference. For instance, a night stay at 5 star Bristol Hotel Vienna near the City Centre is priced at a special discounted rate from EUR 332. For me, I probably go for the mid range ones located near the city. Convenience is important when you are travelling with a child. Cheaper than hotels offers lots of options for all year and last minute rates so you may like to check them out if you are heading down to Vienna or Berlin. Here are some pictures of Berlin and Vienna...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so lucky! I would love to make a trip also, I have never been. I should start saving money too, but I think a lot will be saved with the fare deals with Lufthansa and if you can find a reasonable place to stay! Love the pictures posted!