| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

23 September, 2007

artistic homemade lanterns



The Mid Autumn Festival is coming soon. Looking back, it was an occasion of great anticipation as I pestered mom to buy me my favourite lantern. I would pick the brightest cellophane lanterns in shapes of butterfly, flowers, birds or fish. The festival would never be complete without my favourite mooncake. I would eat only the yummy egg yolk and leave the lotus paste behind :)



I attended Clayton school's lantern festival celebration last Friday which was packed with lots of his schoolmates and teachers. There was a homemade lantern competition and I was impressed by the submissions. From recycled styrofoam lunch boxes to toilet rolls, many of the homemade lanterns were artistic and innovative. If only Clayton wasn't cranky, we would have stayed throughout the celebration and joined in the trail walk...

No comments: