| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

19 September, 2007

let's talk about Chinese foods and cooking

When it comes to food, the Chinese is very particular about ingredients, cooking style and taste. Personally, I find cooking chinese food a lot more work than western dishes - more preparation, more ingredients, longer cooking time...etc. There is one thing that I avoid cooking and that is, soup. Not only does cooking soup takes time, it takes knowledge and efforts - right timing, right herbs, right compliments...etc. But there is one ingredient that is common in chinese soups and there is the goji berry. The Chinese believes that goji berries help to improve eyesight, blood circulation and boost metabolism. Mom always reminds me that those berries can make my eyes sparkle! These days, I even throw a handful of goji berries into my fish porridge to sweeten the taste. Anyone has any experience with cooking with goji berries?

No comments: