| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

03 September, 2007

Vacationing in The Great Southland



While some many prefer to travel to busy cities like Sydney to enjoy some designer retail therapy, others like myself love the little local crafts markets on the weekends in Perth. Talk to anyone who has been to Perth and they will tell you the charm and casual atmosphere in Fremantle, Western Australia. I believe Adelaide is just Perth in some ways - tranquil, casual, slow, peaceful and relaxing. The wineries seem to be the talk among avid wine lovers and many visitors are heard boasting about Adelaide's art and culture scene.

Though I only spent a few days in Sydney on our last trip to Australia, I enjoy hanging around at the Sydney harbour on the weekends. There was so much cheer, happiness and excitement going on in the area as diners packed the sidewalk cafes and people sitting around enjoying the cool sights of the harbour. Whether you are in a small city like Adelaide or Perth, a big one like Sydney or Melbourne, Perth hotels are affordable if you do your homework carefully online. Sydney accommodation can cost a little bit more if you want to be in the heart of the city where the malls and shopping streets are. I believe Adelaide hotels rates are cheaper as compared to the ones in Sydney and it all depends on what accommodation style you are after.

Well, Perth, Adelaide or Sydney, send me a flight ticket and I wouldn't mind any - Australia feels like home for me... it's just a great place to visit and to live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recently i visited to Sydney and had a very nice time at harbour. It's a great place to visit and to live, this article is really nice and i shared all my thoughts here about the trip.