| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

03 September, 2007

why we don't keep pets

Since we don't keep pets at home, Clayton's only opportunity to get close to these cute little creatures is a visit to the pet shop. It has become a routine that when we visit the mall, a visit to his favourite pet shop will be part of the itinerary. My poor urban city boy...

Well, the main reason why we aren't keeping pets is because we have no time for these canines. Personally, I believe that if you have a pet, say a dog for instance, you should make time to walk you dog, bathe it, take good care of it and not treat it a guard dog. I know of dog owners who won't allow their dogs to step into the home compound but be confined in a cage. That, to me, is cruelty. I hope that these owners have not forgotten to get a pet insurance for their dogs too.

From our friends who own dogs, we know that it is be an expensive affair when their dogs fall sick. In order to minimize vet costs, a comprehensive pet insurance is necesary. This is a kind of protection plan when the pets get sick, lost or have an accident. Companies such as Marks & Spencer can insure pets from just 2 months old. Like I said before, it is better safe than sorry so getting your pet insured with a good plan can save you hundreds, if not, thousands of dollars.

No comments: