| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

23 October, 2007

simplistic elegance about Asian decor



In my free time, I love to flip through home and decor magazines and check out new architectural and decorating themes. There are very few themes for decorating a home that capture the imagination quite like an Asian inspired theme. The use of rich colors, fabrics, and textures are the hallmark of these themes.

There is a simplistic elegance about Asian decor that is almost impossible to imitate in other methods. It is simply put, stunning to walk into a room or a home that has been decorated in an Asian inspired motif. What's even nicer is a home design I spotted in an interiors publication where the focus is on the post & beam frames in the home interiors. The timber frames give an elegant cum cosy feel to the house, and the colour of the wood further adds warmth and style. I have seen these frames being used in vacation homes and churches and they are undeniably gorgeous! When it comes to our new house next time, I'll definitely give a thought on using these hardy timber frames.

No comments: