| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

27 December, 2007

a nice island called Kauai



One of our favourite port of calls on the cruise is the island of Kauai. This is a quaint and laid back village that is relaxed, casual and friendly. We took a walk to the shops outside the pier and did some shopping at Honolua Surf Co. I got a few sun dresses and tops and DH got himself few surf shorts. I thought that was a fabulous shop to walk around! Kauai had been hit by many hurricanes over the years and the latest one was Hurricane Iniki. The hurricane brought extensive damages to the island and more properties and condos for sale had been built in the last two years. The most famous destination in Kauai would be the Napali Coast, a favourite filming spot for the Hollywood film makers which saw many movies being made including Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones. I'll post the photos in another post.

Here are some photos from the island of Kauai...





Clayton enjoying the wading pool at Marriott, Kauai

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess there aren't very many things you cannot like in a Cruise to Hawaii. :-)

I haven't done a cruise thus far, but I want to do an Alaskan cruise some day.