| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

21 February, 2008

my potential new hobby: scrapbooking!

Scrapbooking is one fun hobby I'd love to get into when I'm semi retired in the near future but for now, I can only find scraps of time to design my own greeting cards and make simple crafts.

I used to collect lots of paper scraps,wrapping paper, ribbons and nice ends but after years of accumulation, my scrap box became too full and messy and there was hardly any room for more. Plus, my mom would grumble at my scraps which she called them 'junk' and worse still, some of the paper products made from untreated paper and natural pulp tend to attract bugs and insects after prolonged storage.

This afternoon, I went to a scrapbook shop with the intention to buy some envelopes but instead of buying envelopes, I ended up with envelope template and few craft tools. What I didn't know was that these stuff were so costly but considering the life span and fine quality of the tools, they could be well worth my investment.

Now, I've got to find time to start making my own envelopes and create some cards and crafts with my new stencils and stamps. Hopefully, this marks the beginning of my scrapbooking hobby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I love scrapbooking. Good to hear you decided to pick it up.