| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

21 March, 2011

Our First Camping Trip in Yarramalong



We just got back from our first camping trip in Yarrmalong. It was a wonderful experience for our family as we got close to nature and learned the real essence of living in 'the wild'.


The weather wasn't in our favor and it was raining all weekend. Yet, the kids didn't care a bit and played to their heart's content the entire weekend. Seriously, the rain didn't bother us even though our canvas in the tent was wet and I was glad I grabbed a raincoat at Big W on Friday morning! Our plans to do sausage sizzle was changed due to the wet weather and we still had a great time in the tarp of Carlo and Rosa's 'taj mahal' tent. These guys had opened up our eyes to camping!


We were so thankful for the generosity and graciousness showed by various ones who shared their stories and spirit of camping as a community. Alex had the chance to learn how to pitch a tent and I enjoyed cooking in the outdoors with the rest of the ladies. Clayton experienced what was it liked to have a campfire and he was so brave to jump into the creek with the rest of the kids. If the rain didn't persist, they would stay at the creek for the entire morning!

It looks like Alex is keen to get a tent during the Easter sale and I hope we can do more camping as a family in the near future. With the weather warming up this weekend, I hope to head for another beach this weekend! That's what I like about life in Brisbane!

No comments: