| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

19 August, 2011

Weekends is Here and More Baking

It's been a while since I wrote a post here. It's just been another busy school term and I find it hard to believe that we will be entering week six soon!

As usual, I have been baking and doing lots of cooking. Two days ago, we were invited to a friend's house for steamboat and I made Keiko's Green Tea Tiramisu. Everyone loved the Japanese inspired dessert and I was glad that my first attempt had brought much compliments. It was a nice feeling. The slight bitterness of the green tea complemented the sweet mascarpone cheese and the homemade lady fingers (sponge fingers) were nice to bite into!

It's the weekends tomorrow and I'm heading to the Brisbane Markets. I'm going to stock up some spices from this lovely spice store and maybe buy a few plants for the garden. I can't wait to put more 'edibles' in the garden and I'm enjoying those lovely herbs in the patio. It's been my desire to have a herb garden and I'm so happy that it's come together now.

My little boy loves Saturdays cos he is allowed some computer time and he's so 'wired' electronically. Many of his friends have handheld games and couple of them are already talking about the PS3. We haven't bought him any and I am delaying it as long as I can.

Oh yes, I baked Keiko's Soy Bean Chiffon cake and it turned out very well. The kinako was fragrant and there's a 'peanut butter' flavour in every bite of the soft chiffon. It was a lovely cake to have in the morning when need a pick me up!

That's it for a friday night and have a nice weekend if you are reading this on a friday!

No comments: