| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

28 July, 2006

The Power of the Net

For the past one week, I have been searching 'everywhere' in Google for my 'lost' professor.

Being a sentimental person, I was determined to find him when his old email was no longer valid. I don't think I have done so much search for a missing friend before.

I wrote to many ex-colleagues of his and even searched in a Danish free-mail site (his last email was from Denmark) but my efforts were to no avail until today! I found an updated site with his name on it and through a couple of emails from his colleagues in the Design Research Society, I found his email address!

Today, he replied my email and the rest is history!

The truth is the internet is such a powerful tool for any purpose on this earth! You can search almost anything under the sun... with some creativity and wit, of course.

Oh well, the Net has led me to know few nice people whom I had never met. It's not usual of me to meet 'strangers' like this but it's amazing how you can connect with someone so instantly at times - I suppose they call this 'chemistry'?

Communication made easy. That's the power of the Net.

No comments: