| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

18 July, 2006

Through the eyes of a child


Oh well... it's been a while since I last post... so many things are happening at one time.

Then Clayton and myself are both down flu and cough and this poor boy is waking up so many times in the past couple of nights.

Sometimes, I think being a baby is not easy. First they can't even speak and convey clearly in words what they want, then they can't explain what's going on inside them.

Yet, mothering Clayton has taught me quite a few things. One of these is the virtue of patience. The other, forgiveness.

He has showed me how to look at many things in adult life through the eyes of a child. No wonder Jesus says that whoever wants to enter the kingdom of heaven must have faith like a child.

The other night, he woke up at an ungodly hour of 2am and kept insisting to have his 'fix'. I refused to give in cos he's been trained not to be fed til after 4am.

So he went on and on crying and wailing away.

I felt bad the next morning cos I found out that he was unwell. But he didn't remember about how tough I was towards him... he just sprung up and carried on with his favourite books and activities.

He still gave me the usual cheeky smiles and cuddly hugs.

Sometimes, I wish for the innocence of a child. They are trusting and with them, there is no pretense.

How lacking are the virtues of trust and honesty in the world we live in today.

Relationships today would be more harmonised if we all learn how to be children inside us. Don't pretend, put away our protective 'mask' and just be ourselves.

That's why it's important that we unlearn what we have learnt.

No comments: