| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

19 January, 2007

Saying a prayer

I just got home an hour ago from the hospital to visit a good friend I knew for a few years now.

He's a British while his wife is a sweet lady from Thailand. Both of them used to be our loyal customers while we were running our restaurant 5 years ago. I love this couple. They are adventurous, fun, easy-going, open-hearted and generous. And they both ride a Harley!

Richard is having a major surgery tomorrow to have a tumour in his spine removed. The word 'fear' is never in Richard's dictionary. This big guy who used to serve in the military is never fearful of anything - I mean 'anything'! But for the first time in a long time, I can sense the fear in his eyes when I was speaking to him. Under those smiles and cheerful eyes, he is worried about the surgery.

Doctors discovered that his blood pressure is over the roof; he is diabetic; he has two clots in his heart and he has lots of 'old' injuries from the past. I felt scared for my good friend and for a moment, I was at a lost for words for his lovely wife.

Richard and his wife are Clayton's unofficial godparents and they adore him. While I'm writing this post, I'm saying a prayer for him. I pray for God's hands to be on him and His mercy be upon his life too.

No comments: