| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

10 April, 2007

Dedicated to a special pal

Alright... this post is dedicated to my special friend of 20 years...

I knew RL when I was 17 and he was in his sweet 16. We hit off so well and in no time, were buddies who spent hours chatting on the phone and shared leisure outings together. We even got popular with some kids in the church and took one of them to the zoo. Those were the days...

Our friendship eventually developed into a serious courtship for a few years and things took a turn during our early adulthood. We went separate ways and were out of touch for a few years. It was a bitter sweet feeling for me at times... sweet in remembering the fun and memorable times we had and bitter in recalling the sad and hurting periods of our lives.

How to forget someone who taught me how to drink cafe latte, who influenced me to appreciate Kenzo, Paul Smith and Mulberry and got me so keen on horseback riding!

Through it all... we met up again last year for a coffee session and that was the beginning of a restoration in our friendship. We kept in touch via sms every now and then. Being across the miles from each other, we don't get to catch up as often as we like. Also, he is so terribly busy with his consulting business and knowing him, his sporty lifestyle dominates a big part of his schedule too.

We finally sat down for a quiet and pleasant dinner on Sunday night. We talked about our lives, work, business, friends, family... and everything else. What I didn't tell him was that he still appeared in my dreams for the last 10 years and I still didn't know why. I think it may freak him out when he reads this :) I can imagine that (LOL).

Anyhow, now he can't complain that my blog is all about parenting and Clayton. Actually, it is a place where I stay in touch with friends and family from all over the world and of course, they can feel free to skip my paid posts in between.

So here's a post dedicated to you, RL, my treasured pal, my trusted and bosom friend. I hope you are sobbing uncontrollably now (hehe) I'll be so happy if you would drop a comment too.

No comments: