| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

26 June, 2007

who is the disciplinary parent?

I would like to ask those of you who are parents: who is the disciplinary person at home? Is it mom or is it dad?

I've always been the disciplinary one at home - dad does some of it but he tends to be less consistent. Alot of seasoned parents have warned me about the 'Terrible Two' and I choose to take it in stride and not be bothered by it. Lately, my boy who will turn 3 in few months' time is becoming more playful and mischievous and to a certain extent, naughty.

He found him tearing the posters on the wall so his playroom this evening. I got mad and brought out the 'rod'. I always believe that it should go on his buttocks though I was so mad that I would have cane the more visible areas.

These few days, Clayton had been cooperative and rebellious. Sometimes I would be yelling and other times, I would be showing him the 'rod'... is this what a 2 year old is like ah?

Anyone shares my sentiments?

1 comment:

J@n!ce said...

Zac is also behaving like this. What I usually is... if he still doesn't want to stop his nonsense. I will walk away & pretend that there is more fun elsewhere, trying to distract him away. He will most of the time stop & try to look up & see "what the excitement" I am talking about. ;p