| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

28 July, 2007

a fruitful day with Jill Lowe

I had the privilege to sit in a close door workshop on Color and Style, conducted by Jill Lowe, a well-known image consultant cum coach today. The workshop was attended by a group of 18 top management corporate men and the session was simply amazing.

Though I have been a designer for years, I never know that all of us have a color season linked to us. In other words, the workshop taught that each of us could be a spring, summer, autumn or winter person and once we know that, there is a set of colours that either 'make' or 'break' our first impression and image significantly. This colour matching system is an eye opener for me as I have never thought that our business style and lifestyle patterns can be influence by the colour of our attire.

Jill has taught people from all walks of life from high flyers to front liners, from the simple real estate broker to the CEO of a MNC. It is also nice getting to know Jill since I'll be organizing a workshop for her in October. This has been a fruitful day for me. And I must thank my good friends, Yarris and Mike and her girls for babysitting Clayton. Without them I wouldn't be able to attend this workshop at all. Thank God for wonderful friends like them.

No comments: