| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

30 August, 2007

a glance at australia vacations



sunset at fremantle harbour

Some of my friends think that Clayton is a fortunate boy. He took his first plane trip when he was barely one year old and last year, we took him to Perth. Australia remains a country that is very close to my heart as I did my postgraduate in Curtin Uni for a year and a half.

My favourite past time was to have a takeaway lunch with my research books in South Perth, along the famous Swan River. On sunny days, I would take the bus to Cottesloe for a nice cup of coffee and on weekends, Fremantle markets was my favourite. The wildflower festival that takes place every year in Kings Park is worth a visit if you love exotic and wildflowers. It will be nice if I can revisit Perth during the International Arts Festival. For some reason, I'm always out of the country during the feb/march period.



As I'm writing this post, I'm missing Perth again. Alot of people have lots of misconceptions of this lovely city. They say it's boring, slow, too quiet... but hey, it's a great place to live! Unlike Sydney which has a lot more people, designer boutiques and definitely busier, Perth is less busy and should I say - peaceful - lol. I do like Sydney too. We did the Bridge Climb few years ago when we were visiting a couple of our friends. The Opera House and Sydney Harbour were my favourite landmarks. I only wished we had more time exploring New South Wales.

I haven't been to Adelaide and I should when we migrate to down under in a few years' time. Well, if you are visiting any of these lovely cities, hotels in Perth are categorized in various classes, depending on your budget and personal style. We prefer to stay in the serviced apartments as it's nice to have a kitchen where we can prepare light meals. Eating all three meals in Australia can be costly for a family of three :)

Travel sites like Cheaperthanhotels offers good deals for hotels in Adelaide, Sydney, Tasmania, Melbourne accommodation and all other suburbs and states. You can search for a hotel in Margaret River or a bed and breakfast in Victoria at the site, it is easy to navigate with the powerful search tools on the site.

2 comments:

Everyday Healy said...

Doris, I have made an entry to the "I love my blackberry" conversation from your conversation. I already send the video clip to the email given. Should I make a post just by pasting the link first, before they send the video code back to me, or just wait until they send the code first, then only I make the post for "I love my BlackBerry"?

Anonymous said...

Hmm,

that brings back some nice memories - fish and chips at Cicerellos in Freo, breakfast at Odgens in Subi and Bruchettas in that nice little cafe overlooking the ocean in Cottesloe - Ok so I miss Western Australia and love my food! oh and barbaqued Yabbies and kangaroo steaks at my mate's place on Peppermint Grove - yummy.