| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

18 September, 2007

when I was starting out...

If you are thinking about starting your own small business here are some important facts you need to know. You want to find a business that you know quite a bit about and that you enjoy doing. I started 15 years ago working as a graphic designer. I enjoyed designing print collaterals for companies, meeting people and learning the ropes of a business woman.

The first thing I knew I wanted to do was start my small business while working from home. That gives me more flexibility and most importantly, save on high overheads of office rentals. At some point, I was working with a multimedia house on a project where I got to liase with a voice over talent. It was an eye opening sight for me, listening to how skillful a voice over talent can be during a recording. From a soft whisper and gentle tone, it can moved to a strong, affirming voice that is authoritative and commanding. Well, I didn't have a talent like this cos if I did, I would be making big bucks from this profession.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think one of the biggest problems with starting your own business is people don't realize how hard it actually is.

Something like over 80% of all new businesses fail in the first five years. It takes a lot of hard work and perseverance to build your own business and that's something people don't always realize.