| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

30 August, 2009

Work At Home Mom's Trip to Singapore

This is my first trip to Singapore via Firefly. It's time for a short break when school holidays is on. It's good for every work at home mom to escape from her daily routine and enjoy a little perk every now and then. It is a great thing to feel recharged, rejuvenated and renewed.

Though it wasn't a long break, it was enough to put a smile on my face. This is our the last month for Garage Adventures, a wonderful place where I can drop off Clayton every time I'm in Singapore. I would have to figure out how to find my 'me time' on my next trip.

Nevertheless, I made the best this trip. I had to visit the new iconic mall in Orchard road - ION Orchard and like many first timers, I was lost at the basement. I didn't have time to walk the entire mall since I wasn't too keen in the high fashion shops this trip. I spent most hours in the basement checking out the food hall - it was impressive! The style of the food hall resembles those I saw in Japan and I only wished DH was here to witness it. He is a lover of F & B! I tried out the pastry in Provence and Bread Society and was impressed with the quality and texture of the breads. The popiah I bought Clayton was so huge that it was lunch for him!

It was that I visited my dentist before I came for this trip. I could then enjoy some nice food in Sun and Moon, Toast and Canele. I was thankful I didn't need Plano porcelain veneers or any fancy treatment for my teeth though the root treatment was something I didn't looked forward to!

Next was the NATAS fair that got me excited about traveling in Nov/Dec. The promotions and travel offers were so attractive and it got some of my work at home moms thinking about taking a vacation too! With economic downturn in many parts of the world, travel is becoming cheaper and it is a great opportunity to fly and take vacations. Having said that, it is also good to be watchful with the H1N1 situation wherever you are traveling to.

After four nights in Singapore, it's time to head back home via Firefly. A good flight experience though the turbulences were bringing some anxieties at some point. I look forward to my next trip to Singapore... it's just another work at home mom's simple pleasures in life.

No comments: