| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

28 December, 2009

Work At Home Recalls On Taiwan Trip

After all the traveling, the work at home mom is back home! Though I haven't quite successfully become productive in the home office, I manage to clear up some stuff before the New Year begins.

We had a great time in Taiwan. The farm resorts were an eye opener. What I enjoyed most during the farm resort stay was the organic and natural vegetables we ate at the Bo Yun Farm. Though the room wasn't that modern and the pillows were too soft for my sensitive neck, the memories of the simple pace in Hualien continued to linger.

Taipei city was better than expected. It wasn't the high end shops I was referring to but the night markets were good. After a conversation with a Taiwanese friend, she told me the quality and prices of goods found in most of the night markets were very good. At least, I was assured that I won't be cheated or ripped off like in any China markets! I even bought a pair of Birkenstocks in Dan Shui Lao Jie (old street). It was at least 30% cheaper than what I would pay for in this region.

As we were following a tour itinerary, the journey was tiring despite toilet stops along the way. We visited Yeliu, Hualien, Taipei and were greeted by a bout of cold winds and rain during that week. The bus didn't have any safety harness for kids so I had to watch out for my boy who liked to stand on the seat to watch Shaun the Sheep video.

On the overall, we had alot of fun in Taiwan and the trip had brought nice memories for us. I hope to make another trip before we move end next year and this time, we'll know what to buy and where to go. Now, it's time for the work at home mom to take time to plan for my 2010 goals.

No comments: