| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

14 September, 2010

Cooking and the Work at Home Mom

When you work from home, you tend to cook more than moms who have a 9-5 job. For a long time, I have been cooking dinner every evening except weekends and it's a better and healthier choice than eating out all day.

I'm not like some moms who are experts in selecting the best cookware or utensils for their kitchen. Being a practical cook who can't afford to spend too much time in the kitchen, I go for simple meals. I often tell DH that if he wants complicated recipes, we can go to a restaurant. I reserve simple meals for the home kitchen :) What a good excuse. Actually, I would love to attend some cooking lessons if I can spare the time cos it can be so fun learning new recipes! I may need to buy some new cookware to add to the kitchen collection. Some work at home moms told me about enamel cookware and I've yet to find out more.

I'm looking forward to Hanoi Cooking Centre during our trip to Hanoi on Thursday. I read so many good reviews about it and I gather it's going to be real fun cooking Vietnamese dishes while shopping in the local market with Chef Tracey. And now, I'm praying for fine weather for the entire trip!

No comments: