| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

29 January, 2011

School, Food and Chinese New Year

It's week two for Clayton next week and I'm excited that he's starting tennis and swimming in school. I only wish he can do more but I thought it's suffice for now.

School week has been smooth so far and I can spot his mischief in class already. I'm glad he has a nice teacher who has more than 20 years of experience and I'm sure he can learn well under her supervision. I haven't made many friends since arriving except for a couple of moms I met in school. I'm not in a hurry to do that right now but I'm focusing on getting Clayton all settled in Citipointe.

I love grocery shopping here. We go to all stores including Woolworths, Coles, Supa IGA, Crisp on Creek and many more. The health and chemist stores here are good too and they sell all kinds of supplements and vitamins, from Olive extract to phenphedrine... the prices are attractive too.

I find myself cooking better over here and I love the turbo oven we bought from Clive Peeters. We had Siew Yok yesterday and it turned out perfect. I'm attempting to do more in the coming months and it's nice experimenting recipes and learning new ones. Inala is a great place to shop for meat and fish and this vietnamese town has much to offer.

It's chinese new year next week and we'll be having reunion dinner at Peter and Rebecca's. It's our first CNY in Brisbane and though it isn't like home, it's a good time to get together with families.

No comments: