| A blog on my journey as a WORK AT HOME MOM and my WORK AT HOME BUSINESS |

20 January, 2011

Settling Down in Carindale Brisbane

A month before we arrived in Brisbane, we had planned to rent a house since DH wanted more space. But when we arrived, plans change.

After a few inspections, DH had decided that a townhouse will suit him best as he wasn't used to the quietness. Being a citysider, staying in a house where neighbours seem metres apart is not something very comfortable to begin with. But I am so thankful that the resident manager in Solito Carindale had informed me of a vacancy in the area weeks before our arrival and that was an answer to my prayer. I had prayed for a place in the area and God heard me. We inspected the townhouse and DH liked the location as the four bedder is just metres from the parklands. The best part is, the townhouse is across one of the largest mall in Brisbane, westfield Carindale. In fact I can even walk to the shops on a good day but so far, driving seems the best choice as there are often too much to carry returning home.

The townhouse is a simple three bedder with a study near the entrance, I and glad that we have windows looking out from our study or home office now. The furnishings are modern with two living spaces which is a good size compared to some smaller townhomes. Though no glass mosaic tile were used in the kitchen, I love the open concept and the dining is just next to the ktichen. It is cosy and I'm beginning to like it here. DH goes for his jogs every morning at the creek and I did my walks every other day too. We can't wait to get our bikes and start our biking in the parklands.

The weather is getting better and that is all good for those who are helping out in the flood crisis recovery. Though it will take them months to reconstruct the damages, the spirit of the queenslanders is positive and with that, things will be restored very soon.

No comments: